• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Is it nessasary to shower everday?

Depressicaa

Bluelighter
I don't take a shower everyday. I often take one every 3 or 5 days, whenever I 'feel' dirty. This sounds unsanitary, but I used to have no reason to, and then the habit grew on me. I noticed that when I showered less, I had less pimples and actually didn't have a very strong signature smell. No one said you smell like shit or you smell good.

Just wondering if its unhealthy. I don't do a lot of physical stuff, when I do though, I always feel dirty and shower.

I shower frequently 2-3 times a day, wakeup shower, after workout shower, after sex shower. but I think its a personal preference.

I'm not sure if it's unhealthy or not but I don't think someone has to shower EVERYDAY, although I do. However, showering every 3-5 days is a little much tho. I would think your hair would be greasy looking. I would think not showering would increase the pimples because you aren't washing the oil off your face. But whatever makes ya happy! ;D

heavy sweating = shower . always use unscented deodorant and one is good to skip days between showers if not doing heavy labor.

Some people just produce more sweat/smell/stench than others.
I dont get very stinky either, but i like to be fresh so i can get some head from my gf lol

During winter if I'm not working out/training and not going to work, i.e. weekends/holidays, occasionally I'll not shower every day because i'm not sweating and I don't need to be shower-fresh for any reason, but I will give myself a little "bird-bath" (as my grandmother used to call it :)) by washing my face, armpits and personal areas with a washer. Water conservation has always been a big issue in Australia and I grew up on a farm where we bought water by the tank-full so it's kinda been engrained in to me all the little ways you can save water. So if I haven't been doing anything, and if I'm not oily or stinky and don't need to wash my hair, I'll have my little bird bath instead :)

The only other time I don't shower every day is if I'm really really sick with the flu or tonsilitis and literally not able to get up out of bed to have a shower.

I don't take a shower everyday. I often take one every 3 or 5 days, whenever I 'feel' dirty. This sounds unsanitary, but I used to have no reason to, and then the habit grew on me. I noticed that when I showered less, I had less pimples and actually didn't have a very strong signature smell. No one said you smell like shit or you smell good.

Just wondering if its unhealthy. I don't do a lot of physical stuff, when I do though, I always feel dirty and shower.

Without wanting to sound crass, for the sake of your personal hygiene I think 3-5 days is really stretching it man. Even if you don't live in a hot climate, even if you don't do much physical activity, even if you don't actually SMELL, there are still quantities of bacteria and fungus that build up on the surface of your skin and in between all every tiny skin fold that you need to at least wash off with a damp cloth every day.

I'm not sure if it's unhealthy or not but I don't think someone has to shower EVERYDAY, although I do. However, showering every 3-5 days is a little much tho. I would think your hair would be greasy looking. I would think not showering would increase the pimples because you aren't washing the oil off your face. But whatever makes ya happy! ;D

I thought it was considered good not to wash your hair too much with shampoo as it dries it out, and the oils on your face are good to have since drying it out will make you have more pimples (logic behind the oil wash, which I have used to great effect).

I don't think its unhealthy to shower everyday as long as your body gets recoated with the oils and stuff that lotion provides, I am trying to do that after every shower.

During winter if I'm not working out/training and not going to work, i.e. weekends/holidays, occasionally I'll not shower every day because i'm not sweating and I don't need to be shower-fresh for any reason, but I will give myself a little "bird-bath" (as my grandmother used to call it :)) by washing my face, armpits and personal areas with a washer. Water conservation has always been a big issue in Australia and I grew up on a farm where we bought water by the tank-full so it's kinda been engrained in to me all the little ways you can save water. So if I haven't been doing anything, and if I'm not oily or stinky and don't need to wash my hair, I'll have my little bird bath instead :)

The only other time I don't shower every day is if I'm really really sick with the flu or tonsilitis and literally not able to get up out of bed to have a shower.

Without wanting to sound crass, for the sake of your personal hygiene I think 3-5 days is really stretching it man. Even if you don't live in a hot climate, even if you don't do much physical activity, even if you don't actually SMELL, there are still quantities of bacteria and fungus that build up on the surface of your skin and in between all every tiny skin fold that you need to at least wash off with a damp cloth every day.
You aren't being crass, I was asking for opinions and I am glad I got yours!

You're probably right about the 'bird bath' thing. I just realized that Europeans only took two baths in their lives, at the beginning and ending of their lives. Sure they didn't turn out okay, mostly living until their thirties, and Queen Victoria was considered very clean even though she took a bath every month, but I'm just curious to know if taking a shower everyday might be too much.

Most people wouldn't tell someone, especially a friend or whatever, this anyway.
I asked a close friend, and people who I come regularly in with close quarters. No one noticed even when I asked them to check.

depressicaa are you a guy or a girl? i definitely think girls should be taking baths every single day.. but if they dont have time for that they should at LEAST take a shower on a daily basis.

Taking a shower has lots of benefits for me.. It wakes me up in the morning and calms me before going to bed. I usually shower once or twice a day. For me it's also a mental thing.. taking good care of myself makes me happy.

I think it's best to shower (almost) every day, even if you're just doing it to live up to social norms. Don't you enjoy taking a shower?

i bath 1/2 times a day. a shower once every 3-5 days is pretty rough

Fuck this name, I am going to have to make another account, I wish I was a girl. I'm a guy haha, and if it didn't matter in olden times with girls not taking showers everday, I don't think people do it other than for social norms.

I enjoy taking showers, I think I just grew out of the habit and I'm trying to justify it by hoping its healthy. It probably isn't unhealthy.

Fuck it, I am going to take a shower now. I just have to rehabilitate myself with it.

I can never be bothered to have a shower, but I force myself to anyway.

I usually take a shower every 2 days, one day off one day on.

I also take showers only when i feel dirty so every 3-5 days like OP.

I read somewhere that takind daily showers can lower our immune system because of our body not used to fight the dirt.

Except when i have a girlfriend when i shower each time before seeing her (So she doesnt have to suck dick cheese) Gentleman huh.?

Depressicaa, i've found the same benefits you have from not showering daily. Additionally, an epsom salt scrub has helped me with controlling my acne.

i shave most of my body when i do shower (hair holds dirt, grime, oils, smells and germs) and i change clothes/underwear daily. If i leave the house, or physically exert myself i take a shower. (Usually every other day...i rarely go 3 days without showering)

I am OCD about the cleanliness of my hands...i wash them DOZENS upon DOZENS of times daily.

I shower whenever I feel dirty. I usually don't feel dirty but either this thread is making me self contentious or I am grimy. I will shower regardless.

I probably wont do it daily and will probably just wipe myself, but its important to keep clean even if it isn't just showering. Ironically I feel disgusted whenever I don't brush my teeth. Its just so ingrained that I always brush my teeth, and can't sleep thinking about the germs in my mouth. I didn't always feel this way, as a kid I didn't ever brush my teeth and never had any cavities, but now I do, weird right?

Another reason is probably I don't know how to take a proper shower. Its more like I'm going to go in the water for a few minutes and then wipe myself dry.